18 months (August 2019 - February 2021)
- Ministries (Foreign Affairs, Agriculture and Rural Development, Economy and Finance, Energy, Environment, Industry, Public Health, etc.);
- Technical services and national institutions involved in the mobilization of resources for the climate;
- Private sector ;
- Civil society and NGOs.
Preparation of Guinea-Bissau for Climate Finance and establishment of the National Designated Authority - Readiness Program of the Green Climate Fund (GCF) | Readiness Guinea-Bissau
The « Preparation of Guinea-Bissau for Climate Finance and establishment of the National Designated Authority - Readiness Program of the Green Climate Fund (GCF) | Readiness Guinea-Bissau" project aims to prepare Guinea-Bissau for Climate Finance by developing a country program (national program to combat the adverse effects of climate change), which takes into account national priorities in terms of adaptation and mitigation, but also the GCF requirements and the establishment of a National Designated Authority (NDA).
Results of the project
- The country's capacities are strengthened to fulfill its commitments to the GCF;
- Relevant stakeholders are involved in the process of mobilizing Climate Finance resources in particular from the GCF;
- Private sectors are aware and mobilized to ensure their involvement in climate-smart investments and improve their access to GCF resources;
- Access to GCF climate finance resources is improved with the identification and mobilization of accredited entities operating at the national level.
- Green Climate Fund - GCF
Remote national consultation workshop
- Establishment of a National Management Unit to support the GCF national focal point and build its capacities;
- Establishment of the National Designated Authority (NDA) including the representatives of Ministries (Economy and Finance, Foreign Affairs, Energy, Industry, Agriculture and Rural Development, Public Health, Environment, etc.), the private sector, civil society and NGOs whose mission is to support the efforts made by the national focal point with the GCF;
- Development of a tool for monitoring climate-related financial flows in Guinea-Bissau;
- Development of a communication strategy and plan to ensure the dissemination of the project and GCF activities in Guinea Bissau and alert the different categories of stakeholders;
- Development of an exchange platform;
- Development of a country program to identify the priority sectors and projects/programs in Guinea-Bissau;
- Establishment of a non-objection procedure for the evaluation of the submitted projects/programs;
- Preparation of a gender study;
- Organization of a first workshop in Bissau, for the establishment of a National Designated Authority (NDA) and for the validation of the communication strategy.