OSS relies on voluntary contributions from members to meet operating expenses. Thanks to a light structure, OSS can allocate the bulk of its financial resources to projects implemented in the Sahara-Sahel region.
OSS implementes projects on behalf of donor, a bilateral or multilateral cooperation agencies in more than 30 countries in Africa in the following areas :
- Environmental monitoring with expertise in remote sensing and land degradation neutrality measures,
- Joint and integrated management of water resources, with specialization on transboundary aquifers
- Adaptation and resilience of ecosystems, natural resources and people to climate change,
- Reducing risks related to natural disasters and
- Transition to the green economy.