January 19, 2016
24 months (2 years)
Financial & Technical Partners
- Financial: Green Climate Fund (GCF)
- Technical: Ministry of Local Affairs and Environment of Tunisia and the Sahara and Sahel Observatory as "Delivery Partner Country of operations
Country of Operations
Ministries, technical services and national institutions involved in the mobilization of climate resources.
The project aims to establish a Designated National Authority (DNA) and strengthen its institutional capacity to effectively fulfill its role and responsibilities towards the GCF. It will facilitate the development, through a participatory process, of a national program to address the adverse impacts of climate change, which will take into account national priorities for adaptation and mitigation, as well as requirements.
The country's capacities are strengthened to fulfill its commitments vis-à-vis the GCF :
- Relevant stakeholders are involved in the process of mobilizing climate finance resources, particularly the GCF,
- Private sectors are sensitized and mobilized to ensure their involvement in climate-related smart investments and improve their access to GCF resources.
- Access to GCF's climate finance resources is improved with the identification and mobilization of accredited entities operating at the national level.
- Two trainings conducted for the GCF National Focal Point and potential members (25) of the AND
- A guide to the GCF Fund in French dedicated to the national actors concerned
- A communication strategy with its action plan
- A Non-Objection mechanism to support the DNA or GCF National Focal Point in validating project requests to be submitted to the Fund
- A consultation meeting and sensitization of the national entities that aspire to accredit with the GCF
- An awareness meeting for a dozen journalists, on the issues of "Climate Finance" and the Green Climate Fund.