Country of operations
Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Morocco and Tunisia
The direct beneficiaries of the regional project, including several national and regional bodies, involve in the implementation of national MENA-DELP projects. Beneficiary organizations and institutions include:
- Algeria: World Deserts Institute (IDM) and Ministry of Regional Planning and Environment.
- Egypt: The Egyptian Environmental Affairs Agency (EEAA) and the Desert Research Center (DRC)
- Jordan: National Center for Agricultural Research and Extension (NCARE), Royal Society for the Conservation of Nature (RSCN) and the Hashemite Fund for the Development of Badie in Jordan (HFDJB)
- Morocco: Ministry of Agriculture and Maritime Affairs; Agricultural Development Agency (ADA); National Institute of Agronomic Research (INRA), and the National Agency for Development of Oasis Zones and Argan Tree ANDZOA
- Tunisia: Ministry of the Environment and Local Affairs (MALE).
Strengthen cooperation between selected organizations and institutions in beneficiary countries in the areas of sustainable management of desert ecosystems.
Closed on 31 December 2017
A better understanding of eco-systemic components for informed decision-making:
- Consolidation of knowledge on linkages between ecosystems and livelihoods in desert areas
- Improving knowledge-sharing systems on issues related to the desert ecosystem and livelihoods
- Improving networks and information flows at the level of desert ecosystems programs at national and international levels