Date of approval
4 years (2019 – 2023)
- Adaptation Fund
Financial and Technical partners
- The National Center for the Management of Wildlife Reserves (CENAGREF) of Benin
- The National Office of Protected Areas (OFINAP) and the General Directorate of Water and Forests (DGEF) of Burkina Faso
- The General Directorate of Water and Forests (DGEF) of Niger
- The National Center for Environmental and Ecological Monitoring (CNSEE) of Niger
Benin, Burkina Faso, Niger
Main beneficiaries of the project
- The residents and local authorities at the W, Arly and Pendjari parks
- The technical services of the ministerial departments in charge of the Environment of the three countries
- Local professional organizations
- Women's professional organizations at the local level
- Local NGOs
- Local Civil Society
Strengthening the resilience of ecosystems and improving the living conditions of the WAP complex populations to cope with climate change through an all-risk early warning system relating to droughts, floods and fires, and the implementation of concrete adaptation measures to manage such emergencies.
- Climate and its risks are included in the development master plan and management plans of the complex;
- The all-risk early warning system is used by the beneficiaries to manage emergencies;
- The resilience of populations and ecosystems is enhanced thanks to concrete adaptation measures;
- The living conditions of the populations are diversified and improved;
- The stakeholders are mobilized and made aware through appropriate communication and capacity strengthening.
The project has been approved and put on hold for funding (on top of the list) .
Role of the OSS
The OSS will :
- Supervise the project implementation as Regional Implementation Entity of the Adaptation Fund.
- Receive the funds, dispatch them to the beneficiary countries through the Regional Project Execution Unit,
- Host the Regional Execution Unit in charge of coordinating the project activities.