November 10, 2017
3 years (2018-2021)
Amount of funding
1 499 550 Euros
- African Regional Center for Space Science and Technology in French Language affiliated to the UN (CRASTE-LF), based in Rabat (MOROCCO).
- Regional Remote Sensing Center for North African States (CRTEAN), based in Tunis (TUNISIA).
- Algerian Space Agency (ASAL), based in Algiers (ALGERIA).
- National Center for Cartography and Remote Sensing (CNCT), based in Tunis (TUNISIA).
- Royal Center for Remote Sensing Space (CRTS), based in Rabat (MOROCCO).
- Desert Research Center (DRC), based in Cairo (EGYPT).
- Libyan Center for Remote Sensing and Space Sciences (LCRSSS), based in Tripoli (LIBYA).
- University of Technology and Medicine Sciences (USTM), based in Nouakchott, MAURITANIA.
Country of operations
Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania and Tunisia
National institutions of the countries concerned in charge of environmental management, agriculture and water.
Funded by the European Union through the Commission of the African Union, the "Support Project for the Sustainable Management of Water and Natural Resources through the Exploitation of Earth Observation Data and Technologies" of the GMES & Africa Program, aims to support decision making in the field of sustainable management of water and natural resources through the provision of products and services developed from the data and Earth Observation techniques.
The capacities of national partners on the use of geospatial services for monitoring and management of natural resources in support of their sustainable development strategies are enriched and strengthened.