As a Green Climate Fund (GCF) regional accredited entity, OSS has launched its first call for climate action projects from September 7th to December 31st 2018 allowing applicants from African countries to access to GCF resources. Learn more about the first call for projects.
This call is currently closed and submitted project proposals are under evaluation.
Overview of received proposals
OSS received 36 concept notes from 20 countries covering the different African regions as follows:
- West Africa: 36% (Burkina Faso, Guinea Bissau, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, and Togo)
- Central Africa: 28% (Cameroun, Democratic Republic of Congo and Chad)
- North Africa: 22% (Algeria, Morocco, Mauritania, Egypt, and Tunisia)
- Southern Africa: 8% (Angola and Zimbabwe)
- East Africa: 6% (Djibouti, Malawi, and Uganda)
Three from these proposals are regional projects: two in West Africa and one in East Africa.
Most of the received projects are cross-cutting proposals (86%) whose sectors are mostly related to Agriculture (61%), Energy (19%) and Environment (11%).
Proposals evaluation process
Proposals evaluation process got underway and applicants will be advised in writing of the evaluation committee decisions no later than 30 April 2019.
In order to facilitate the understanding of the evaluation process and the next steps to be undertaken, OSS drawn up a step by step guide available here.