The Project aims to evaluate and adapt the tools for an integrated natural resources management (INRM) in an operational context.
The fields covered by the INRM tools are:
- Land Restoration and climate change adaptation
- Environmental economics
- Resource use planning
List of the AFROMAISON Partners
The project comprises eight Work-Packages (WP) and operates within five test-sites representing different eco-regions in Africa.
- Oum Zessar Watershed in Tunisia (Leader : OSS)
- Niger Delta in Mali (Leader: Wetlands International)
- Blue Nile Headwaters in Ethiopia ( Leader: International Water Management Institute).
- Rwenzori Mountains Albertine in Uganda (Leader: Mountains of the Moon University.)
- Drakensberg Mountain Grassland in South Africa (Leader: University of KwaZulu-Natal).
The role of OSS
OSS leads on the Tunisian test-site of Oum Zessar and implements project activities pertaining to components 2 to 8 (WP2-WP8), in collaboration with its national partners, namely IRA Medenine and the Regional Office for Agricultural Development (CRDA) in the Governorate of Mednine (Tunisia).
Financial & Technical Partners
Funded by the European Commission
The activities conducted by OSS in Oum Zessar will allow the development and experimentation of environmental monitoring tools and strategies for climate change adaptation. OSS will equally contribute to institutional development and capacity building.